Crushing on Colour: Barbara from HodgePodge















Happy Monday, lovelies! I am off on a cruise this week, and so the lovely Barbara from HodgePodge blog is here to reveal her current colour love with a fabulous crushing on colour post for you.... if you haven't read Barbara's blog - you are missing out! She is a diy maven who features regular projects and diy, as well as offering up a weekly interview with some pretty incredible designers... take it away Barbara...



hodge:podge





I am thrilled to be visiting 10 Rooms today!  I love Anne-Marie's focus on colour here at 10 Rooms, I have learned many a tip from her. She does not shy away from colour in her life and home. Love her courage! She has even done a colour consultation for me {one that I have yet to act upon}. I have a tendancy to shy away from large blocks of colour in my home, but anyone who knows me and my blog knows how I LOVE red {along with black and white} But today I will focus on my colour crush: red. Red and I go way, way, way back to grade 1 when I got my first packet of Laurentian pencil crayons. Any Canadian kid, especially ones that grew up in the 70's/80's would have had a packet of Laurentian pencil crayons. Can you guess which colour I ran out of? Yes, red. Not any red, but poppy red. Also a Canadian reference to our Remembrance Day and the poppies we wear to remind us of the sombre day. 














But my love of red carried on into high school when I convinced my parents I needed to have a rainbow themed room with splashes of red. My favourite purchase was a red ghetto blaster. Heavenly.
















Now that I am all grown up, I surround myself with red. I don't like large blocks of red, but in small doses. I think small doses make a great impact, like a pow-wow red nailpolish or sexy lipstick. Really adds drama to the space.This is one of my favourite droolicious photos. Gah! A red door and red cabinet with Chiang Mai Dragon covered armchair. 
Died.And.Gone.To.Heaven.

















Red artwork and splashes of red in the rug are simply divine.
















Red looks especially delicious with black and white.








But nobody does red better than the fabulous Tommy Smythe.








Subtle touches of red, that bring drama and sexiness to a space. 

Red, red, simply divine.


XO Barbara










Thank you so much, Barbara! I really, really love red when it's used as an accent in a primarily neutral space, as you've shown it here. Tommy is the best!! After recently incorporating red into my own home I'm a bit dizzy with the change in energy it's brought to the space. No other colour has the same intensity, in my opinion. Hope you had a wonderful vacation, and I'll be over soon to catch up -  x   Anne-Marie




Thanks for reading: Crushing on Colour: Barbara from HodgePodge
 
Crushing on Colour: Barbara from HodgePodge @ Room Design Pictures Proudly Powered by Blogger